Eye Care History & Awards
It was 1964, and just one year earlier a cutting edge technology, contact lenses had been introduced to the marketplace. Dr. Harold Glazier, a recent graduate of Pennsylvania School of Optometry joined Dr. Morton Davis in Bethesda Maryland in their practice called “Optometric Group Practice”. Their office in the basement of Dr. Davis’ house was just across the street from the National institutes of Health. Dr. Harold Glazier left the Bethesda practice in 1985 to open a solo practice located off of Shady Grove Road. In 1993, a year after a cutting edge technology called LASIK was introduced to the eye care market, Dr. Harold Glazier merged with his son, Dr. Alan Glazier’s Silver Spring practice, forming a partnership. Dr. Harold Glazier passed away suddenly two years later.
In 1998, a year after a cutting edge technology known as “one-a-day” contact lenses were introduced to the market, Dr. Alan Glazier renamed the practice “Shady Grove Eye and Vision Care” and moved to our present location. Shady Grove Eye and Vision Care is a 4 doctor, 17 employee award winning practice and regional leader providing family eye care in a customer-centric setting. Dr. Mahtab Vaziri, Dr. Vicky Wong and Dr. Lauren Rubin, our associate doctors are here to serve you. Always on the cutting edge of eye and vision care technology. Dr. Glazier could have chosen the name Shady Grove Eye and Vision “Center” or “Clinic” or “Institute” but he chose “eye and vision care” as his mission was to provide the best care possible. Empowering patients with vibrant vision for 50 years in 2014, we look forward to the opportunity to care for your eyes and those of your family and friends.
Eye Care History, Awards & Recognition
- 1984 Montgomery County Medical Society “Special Promise in the Health Care Field”
- 1984: Runner Up, Century 3 Leadership Competition
- 1998 Maryland Optometric Association, Young Optometrist of the Year- Dr. Alan Glazier
- 2000 Fellowship in the American Academy of Optometry
- 2010 “Best Use of Twitter” – Northern Virginia Technology Council
- 2011 Small Business Tech Summit – Runner Up – Award for pioneering efforts in using social technologies to market practice
- Selected as one of 10 Top Optometric Innovators by VisionMonday